Up-until-recenty status: https://xkcd.com/979/
Luckily I managed to find one whole person who had the same problem and they even provided an almost working solution.
The key realization for me was deciding I don't need to create a full REST API. I only need to provide access to a limited set of URIs that map to methods which in turn call to AppleScript handlers that communicate with Capture One on the host system.
Once this is all in place the client side can be anything from a full instance of CaptureBot to an iOS Shortcut to a curl command.
After a bunch of back and forth with myself I'm finally beginning to get a handle on a (probably not the best) way to create the "server" side of CaptureBot.
The ability to interact with the host system remotely was always a key feature, but I'd never quite figured out how I wanted to do it. I think creating a strong server/ client model will provide the most flexibility going forward.
Finished my stained glass course, and the Menger sponge piece I was making over the course of it. Really, really happy with the results, and to have learned about this medium; the whole process was interesting and I wrote about it (with lots of pictures) here:
I came up with a great new idea for a project today and was really excited to get home and start prototyping it… until I realized I'd had the same idea nearly three years ago and actually wrote the underlying frameworks.
Now I'm really excited to scrap the old code and rewrite it with three extra years of coding experience 😁
I spent some time adding a feature to my website/ blog that I've been wanting for months: an easy way to add photo gallery content to blog posts.
This, of course, comes with a new post that makes uses of the new gallery embed: https://emorydunn.com/blog/2019/02/10/laydown-test-with-victoria-lau/
I haven't updated this project in a while, but I just pushed a new version of my Swift library for interacting with launchd.
Photographer, maker, and general nerd.
emory.coffee is one server in the network